Thursday, May 14, 2009

Enchiladas, Ole!


Sometimes even the most passionate cooking mama needs a break. Today was one of those days. So instead of busting out something that I made from scratch for my hungry munchkin I reached for the freezer. Now, I rarely have frozen meals on hand but my sister let me in on two little secrets:

Secret 1: Amy's Organics and Kashi have GREAT frozen entrees that are healthy and kiddo friendly.

Secret 2: You can get frequently get these great name brand products for cheap prices at the Grocery Outlet.

So this week I totally stocked up at the local grocery outlet (Redwood City) and my hungry munchkin got to experience something totally new... vegan enchiladas!

I served up the Black Bean Vegetable Enchilada because it is made entirely of ingredients that my hungry munchkin has already tried without allergic reaction: Two tortillas made from freshly ground organic corn, filled with a blend of organic black beans, tofu and vegetables and covered with a traditional Mexican sauce.

It had a little chili kick to it and guess what?

"MMMMMMMMMMMM" - Danny, Hungry Munchkin

2 comments:

  1. that is an awesome idea... i'll have to check it out! miss you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ann - you should update this blog. I haven't been to it in ages and I just saw this post. I didn't know about Grocery Outlet. I might go check them out!

    ReplyDelete