Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My First Sippy Cup


When my hungry munchkin got his first sippy cup we had a lot of problems with him accidentally biting his tongue. Ouch!
We experimented with a number of different sippy cups and found that Munchkin's Mighty Grip 8 oz Trainer Cup was a great first sippy cup.
First, it isn't too big for little babies to manipulate. Even now, at 9 months old, a cup with a capacity more than 8 oz is a little cumbersome for our hungry munchkin. We totally love the handles, which are perfect for little baby hands.
Second, the spout is made of a silicone, which is quite forgiving when it comes to accidental tongue chomping.
Cons? While the product claims that it is "leak proof" I can attest that it is not. The silicone spout, when pinched a certain way, can get squeezed open. Like when I toss it into my diaper bag and something is placed on top of the spout... It is never fun to realized all the diapers in the diaper bag have already been saturated. Doh! So be careful!
Overall I would highly recommend this cup, at least until your hungry munchkin learns that it is no fun to bite his tongue!

No comments:

Post a Comment