Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sauteed Chicken and Sweet Potatoes Mash

Moving beyond pureed food has been a challenge. My hungry munchkin doesn't really want puree any more, but doesn't get much food when he feeds himself. Keeping this in mind, I feel like the food I offer him these days needs to pack a wallop!

Today I had a raging hit with the hungry munchkin: Sauteed Chicken and Sweet Potatoes Mash. This was great finger food because, although it was slimy and really messy, the pieces were easy for my hungry munchkin to grab. It was great practice for picking up slippery food. I served this as the main course and then followed it with apple sauce as dessert, a sure fire winner with my hungry munchkin!

Sauteed Chicken and Sweet Potatoes Mash - Makes 2 servings

1/4 cup ground chicken
spritz of olive oil
1/4 cup mashed sweet potatoes (or yams)

Heat up olive oil in frying pan. Saute chicken until well done, breaking it up into little hungry munchkin sized pieces. Add mashed sweet potatoes and heat through. I cooked until the sweet potatoes dried out a little, but the mix was still moist.

Let cool a bit and then feed as finger food to your hungry munchkin, making sure that the pieces aren't too large and that the food isn't too hot! Watch your kiddo enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment